Friday, April 26, 2013

Farmer's Wife Friday

Wow, did this Friday creep up on me fast! I had quite a few project due this week including my Modern Quilt Bee blocks and my FLiQS quilt. So I had to some sewing this week! But I told myself I wouldn't get behind on my FW blocks, so I managed to make a couple.
 I have to admit, I didn't (and still don't!) like this block. First of all it's one of those blocks with a million little template #13. If you are making this quilt, you know the template of which I speak. Basically it's a tiny little triangle. And you usually need tons of them. So cutting them out takes forever and piecing them with accuracy is nearly impossible! I had to take this out a couple of times and add more to the seams to shrink them a bit. It's still not perfect, but better than the start. The other thing about this block is the fabrics. I adore the yellow fabric with the red roses but somehow when I combine it with other fabrics it feels "heavy" to me. Maybe I just need to combine it with white to lighten it up. I don't know, this might be another re-do in the future.;)
I was on a yellow and red kick this week and I do like the way this block turned out. It's simple, easy to put together and I can never go wrong with my little strawberries and gingham. :)

Also, I found another inspirational Farmer's Wife quilt for me this week! Isn't it gorgeous!? It was made by Helen Philipps of the U.K. Her sashing is a very pale pink which I think sets the blocks off nicely. I just can't wait to be at this point in the process!


Where are you in your process? I'd love to see, please share your FW blog posts through the linky tool. Here's how:
  • Use the linky tool and link your blog posts or flickr pictures of Farmer's Wife blocks.
  • You must LINK back to this post within your post. You can also grab a Farmer's Wife Friday button (on the right side bar).
  • Have fun reading all the posts! Don't forget, everyone loves a nice comment!
Next week I'll post my finished bee blocks and fliqs quilt! Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Jessica Pyykkonen said...

Your blocks are so pretty! I love the fabrics.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your fabrics are wonderful and your blocks are excellent

Wendi said...

I absolutely love the fabric choice on your season block! Beautiful!

Sheri Salatin said...

Once again, I didn't work on my Farmer's wife quilt this week. Instead I'm trying to finish up a Twirl quilt for my sister's birthday. (pictures posted on my blog)
I haven't yet made Block #76, but I'm with you - millions of little pieces is no fun!
I love the colors in your quilt. I'm doing all of mine in pastels, but after seeing all these bright and cheerful quilts, I'm starting to second guess that decision.
Well, I have over 40 blocks done. It's too late now! :)

How many have you finished so far? I don't remember if you've said. :)

Linh said...

I keep waiting to start this one but every week I see your inspiration pictures and I'm like I need to start. Hopefully this will be the week.

Anonymous said...

Very rapidly this web site will be famous among all blog visitors,
due to it's fastidious posts

Take a look at my site :: tusze

Ronald Anthony said...

Thanks to Dr OSAGIE for helping me increase the size of my Penis. I have been married for 10 years and due to my small Penis I was unable to satisfy my wife and that made us childless and my wife planed to leave me I was really disappointed with myself and I was also having weak erection I thought all my hope was gone not until I saw a testimony on how the same Dr OSAGIE helped someone increase his Penis size. I was desperate to do anything to regain my sex life back and I contacted him and he promise to help me so he gave me a herbal mixture which i was using and after three days I began to experience changes. Well am writing this testimony is not only because he has helped me increase the size of my Penis, I can now satisfy my wife and my wife is three months pregnant. All thanks to Dr OSAGIE if you are having weak erection problem or small Penis size contact him with his email:drosagiesolutionhome5@gmail.com or whats app him +2348034778129.

MATINA said...

I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails