Friday, February 8, 2013

do. Good Stitches February Blocks

I got a jump start on this months blocks for our the do. Good Stitches quilting bee! The Faith group being led by the fabulous Debbie of A Quilter's Table (I got to meet her at Sewing Summit and she is so sweet and supportive!) is doing a Half Square Triangle quilt. Here are a couple of the inspiration photos:
Photo Credit
Photo Credit
Gorgeous right? It's such a simple design but the results are stunning! Our instruction was to use solids in "cool" colors. I was lucky because I don't have a lot of solids, but I did have a few and they were all in green/blue tones, whew!
 So these are my two blocks. They are made using 10" squares, sewing two together and cutting down the center. That leaves you with two 9 1/2" HST squares. Put 4 of those together and these puppies are a whopping 18 1/2"! Probably the biggest single blocks I have made.
 And like all of the do. Good Stitches quilts, I can't wait to see this one put together. My blocks are probably a bit brighter/lighter than the others, but they might make a good pop!


1 comment:

Debbie said...

Awesome! I'm getting excited to put this quilt together!

Related Posts with Thumbnails