Thursday, September 6, 2012

New Beginnings


Yesterday was the first day of school. The beginning of a new school year!  I love this time of year, but it's also very emotional for me. It means my kids are getting older. It also means I'm getting older! The new school year always coincides with my birthday. It's a lot to deal with in a couple of days. There may or may not have been a few tears shed this week. ;)

Sam is a Sophmore this year! I still can't believe I have a child in High School and I'm starting to feel how close I am to "losing" him. Man, this is only going to get harder! But so proud of him and his hard work. I love my little geek. :)
 My beautiful Sophie is in 7th grade. I am so grateful that she is in a charter school and I don't have to throw her to the wolves in middle school. She is still so innocent and will always be my nature girl.
  Little Miss Maggie is in 4th grade. And we are so excited that a few days before school started, she got into the charter school too! Because of a crazy few years of moving for us, she has been in a new school every year of her life! But now she will be at this school for 5 years straight (as long as we stay in place!). She is pretty resilient though and excited to be in the school. 

Our little Charlotte will start a two day a week preschool this year. She has a best friend in her class with her and can't wait to go to school like the big kids.

I am not really ready for summer to be over. Getting back to schedules and all the crazy driving, but it will also be nice to get organized and cleaned up and maybe have some time to sew!

My birthday was a new beginning this year too. It was the big 4 - 0! I went back and forth with idea of it. I suppose I'm not exactly where I thought I would be and I'm certainly not 40 and "fabulous". But I feel so blessed! I have a wonderful hubby, 4 fantastic children, my relative health, and the blessings of the gospel. I really couldn't ask for more. I think these days 40 just isn't as a big of a deal as it used to be. I have a lot more living to do! I feel like the thirties were building and growing a family and striving to be more. Now I feel like I can just enjoy my life and where we are and just be ME. So though I don't like the sound of being "in my forties", I think it will be a comfortable place to be. 

Here's to new beginnings!




1 comment:

Lara said...

Your children are so lovely :) wishing them happiness this year! My oldest starts school next month and had his first school visit today. So many proud parent moments but quietly sobbing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails