Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sweet Celebrations Project #2

Today I wanted to share with you the second project that I made for Moda Bake Shop's book, Sweet Celebrations! I am still pinching myself that I am in a book! And that it is with Moda, one of my very favorite fabric manufactures is just, well, awesome!

This project is actually four projects in one! And the best part is it only uses one Layer Cake and a little extra fabric for all four. It is a baby gift set! It could be for a boy or girl depending on the fabric you use. First up is this baby block quilt! I used Moda's Sophie by Chez Moi fabric. Since my daughter's name is Sophie and I LOVED the fabric, it was the perfect choice.It would be a great quilt for a beginner.
The next project in the set is a matching baby bib and burpie! Both have a ribbon trim and are backed in soft Snuggle minky by Moda.
The last project in the set is the pièce de résistance! It is a matching fabric basket. It uses the same blocks as the quilt, is lined in minky Snuggle, trimmed with ric rac and tied with ribbon. Not only is it cute, it's functional. You first use it to put the quilt, bib, and burpie in (with other little goodies like that cute little duck). Cover it with cellophane and you have an instant gift! THEN it can be used to hold baby supplies! Diapers, bottles, socks, you name it!
So I know you are dying to get your hand on this book, but you'll have to wait until October! However you can pre-order it through Amazon.com. Just click on the book on the little linky to the right in my sidebar.
I'll keep you posted as the release time gets closer and be looking for a giveaway as well!




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails