Monday, April 2, 2012

June Bug Quilt Top - Complete!

I have been busy and I'm making progress! I finished my June Bug quilt top! It's so colorful and fun, I just love it.
My dear friend, Katie commissioned me to make this for her beautiful daugter, Jenessee. It's her 8th birthday and she was being baptized. Jenessee picked out the fun border fabric and we just took off from there finding fabrics that coordinated.

 She needed a Full size quilt, so I added onto the pattern. Another row on each side, then I added rick rack, an inside border and an outside patchwork border. I did the same border for her sister, Heidi's quilt and thought it might kind of tie them together.
The last detail I added was buttons! Thought it might be cute to give each flower a little center. I found large buttons in all the colors of quilt. I think it adds more fun and whimsy. I hope she likes it! Now it's off to the quilter's, I can't wait to see what Grammy Roylane does!

3 comments:

dream quilt create said...

It's gorgeous, what little 8 year old girl wouldn't love it?

Joseph and Katie said...

Ellie, This is the most darling quilt ever, and I haven't even been able to get my hands on it! I haven't been to mom's yet to get it, but they are coming for Easter Sunday and bringing it then. Can't wait! YOu are so talented! I already love it. I will call or text when we finally get it. Love you my friend!
Katie

@pril said...

This is really pretty! Thanks for sharing. I featured this on my blog. Feel free to grab my featured button if you like: KoolBeenz-blog.blogspot.com
For-the-Love-of-Pie.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails